EXTRA ORDINARY COMMITTEE MEETING
MCC SPANISH GROUP
MINUTES, 22 AUGUST 2020
Members Present- Mike Bendall, Bob Johnson, Val Johnson, Tony Mills, Louise Hanson. Tony Child. Geoff Balshaw. Mac Morris. Maggie Morris
Also Present: Colin Spencer (web master)
Mike Opened the meeting explaining the need for the meeting was to discuss the following points of reference. He made the point that most UK rules do not cover Spanish rallies
POINTS OF REFERENCE
- Do we need an official host for rallies?
- Do we need a meet and greet?
- Do we need to charge a rally fee?
- Do we need to give prizes for any event that may be organised within the rally?
- What does the committee think that the format for a future committee should be?
- Discuss the considerable funds held by the group
Do we need an official host for rallies?
- Bob asked how the rally would be run and discussion continued around this. Bob also pointed that it was in the constitution that we have rally hosts with Geoff adding this was because of H&S. Mike pointed out the constitution was written for UK groups and is difficult for the Spanish Group to abide by all the rules as we book on Campsites and H&S is the responsibility of the campsite. It was decided that we no longer need hosts.
Majority in favour
Do we need a meet and greet?
- Voted to no longer supply food and drink at a meet and greet. It was agreed that we would get together on the 1st day but everyone would bring their own refreshments
All in favour
Do we need to charge a rally fee?
- Rally fee no longer required. All in favour
Do we need to give prizes for any event that may be organised within the rally?
- Do we need to give prizes for events? It was discussed that some events could charge for participation, petanque being an example. All in favour of not giving prizes for all events but some events could charge and give a prize
What does the committee think that the format for a future committee should be?
- Roles required were Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Rally Officer. The role of Rally Officer was discussed in detail. To satisfy club rules the Spanish group need to notify all rallies for each new year. It was pointed out that this isn’t practical with Spanish Sites getting more difficult to book. It was agreed that we could put the dates of rallies in to the magazine with a note of the groups website which will detail rallies as sites are booked. It will also advise that bookings for a pitch are the responsibility of the individual to book with the campsite. This will be discussed in more detail at the AGM
Discuss the considerable funds held by the group
- It was discussed that the remaining funds could be distributed between members but this was ruled out due to the complexity. Another suggestion was that it could be donated to charity/charities but continue to hold a small amount, around 500 Euros. Members will be given the opportunity to suggest charities. This will be discussed further at the AGM
Bob expressed his concerns about some of the changes
Mike closed the Meeting